The Colleyville Lions Club present the Strides for Diabetes 5K and 1-Mile Fun Run on November 3, 2018 at the Colleyville Center. The Lions Club will serve up a free pancake breakfast to all registered participants, there will be cool raffle prizes and medals for runners, music, entertainment, did we mention fun! Visit with representatives from companies that serve and conduct research for the diabetes industry. Fun for the whole family – even your leashed pet!
7:00 AM Registration for Runners! (T-Shirt and Packet Pick Up
7:30 AM Warm up and Welcome
8:00 AM 1K Fun Walk Begins
8:30 AM 5K Run Begins
9:30 AM Award Presentations
ONGOING UNTIL 11 AM –Fitness demonstrations, raffles, live music, pancakes, food sampling, diabetes education booths and more!
LEASHED DOGS ARE WELCOME TO ACCOMPANY THEIR FAMILY!
TO REGISTER FOR THE RACE OR TO SPONSOR CLICK THE RED BUTTON ABOVE.
(The button takes you to the Strides for Diabetes website so you can pay for registration or sponsorships online.)
The race benefits Diabetes and Sight Relation Charities Supported by the Colleyville Lions Club
DID YOU KNOW?
Colleyville Gives is the Quarter 4 Promotion, Q4P, designed to assist businesses impacted by TxDOT’s State Highway 26 reconstruction. Eligible businesses can apply for up to $1,000 in grant money to put toward an advertising campaign. Businesses who wish to make a $500 donation to an area non-profit will receive an additional $1,000 in grant money. Advertisements must display the hashtag #ColleyvilleGives.
Qualifying businesses must:
- Be located within the SH26 Project corridor, from Brown Trail to John McCain Road, and collect sales tax (sales tax ID may be required)
- Complete the Q4P application
- Complete a W-9 form
- Run an advertisement by December 31, 2018. The ad must contain the hashtag#ColleyvilleGives
Submit proof of advertisement campaign to city staff
To apply, eligible businesses must submit a completed and signed application and a W-9 form to the City Manager’s Office by emailing Christine Johnson at email@example.com. If you have any questions about this promotion, please call us at 817.513.1111.
All applications are subject to City of Colleyville review.
PLEASE CONSIDER SPONSORING OUR NOVEMBER 3, 2018 STRIDES FOR DIABETES!
Help Colleyville Lions Educate Our Community and Support Diabetes Research!
The Colleyville Lions Club is proud to host the 23nd Annual Breakfast with Santa, an event that all proceeds go to support local and Lion designated charities and Colleyville Lions Club scholarships.
The Colleyville Lions Club 23nd Annual Breakfast with Santa is Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 7am – 11am at the Colleyville Center.
Come celebrate the holiday season with your family and friends, and join us for a morning full of holiday cheer! Santa will be serving pancakes and all the trimmings! Activities include pictures with Santa Claus, face painting, live holiday music and singing, and much more.
Tickets are $10 in advance and $12 at the door. Your entire family gets entry and breakfast with one ticket!!!
Breakfast With Santa Tickets are available in advance from any Colleyville Lions Club Members for $10 or at the Colleyville Center from Director Leslie Hill. There is a Poster at the Colleyville Public Library and Flyers that can be presented the day of the event for a $2.00 Discount. Tickets can be purchased at the door the day of the event for $12.00.
We ask attendees to please bring a can of food for GRACE, or an old pair of eyeglasses for recycling to those in need.
If your Organization, Business or you personally would like to be a Sponsor for Breakfast With Santa, the Colleyville Lions Club, a 501 (C)(3) Charity and all donations are Tax Exempt and Tax Deductible. Our Sponsor Support is very important for the overall continued success of this Annual Community Event.
There are three sponsorship levels: Silver Sponsor for $250 – You receive 20 tickets to the event. Platinum Sponsor for $500 – You receive 40 tickets to the event. Santa Helper for $1,000 – You receive 80 tickets to the event. (Each ticket admits an entire family)
Each sponsor is recognized during the event on the two large overhead screens inside the event hall and on the front monitor as all enter. The frequency of display is based on Sponsor Level. You also receive recognition throughout the year on the Colleyville Lions Club Web site as a Breakfast with Santa Sponsor. (Tickets are great to provide to customers, neighbors, relatives, friends or to needy charities.)
MANY THANKS TO OUR 2018 BREAKFAST WITH SANTA SPONSORS!
PEACE CONTEST (Nov. 15, 2018)
- Theme: Kindness Matters
- Ages: 11, 12 or 13 as of November 15, 2018
- Prizes: (3 places; Gift Cards) $100, $75, $50
- Requirements: hand done, greater than 12 x 20 in., smaller than 20 x 24 in., no mat or frame, no lettering or numbers, 2-dimensional only: capable of being rolled for mailing in a tube
DRUG AWARENESS POSTER CONTEST (Jan. 19, 2019)
- Theme: The Dangers and or Consequences in the Use of Drugs or Tobacco
- Divisions (4): Grades 3-4, 5-6, 7-9, 10-12
- Prizes (3 places in each Division; Gift Cards); $100, $50, $25
- Requirements: hand drawn (no cut and paste) on poster board, 14 x 22 inches only
- Judging Criteria: quality, clarity, originality, spelling
DRUG AWARENESS SPEECH CONTEST (Jan. 19, 2019)
- Theme: Abuse, Addiction, and Recovery
- Grades: Junior or Senior
- Prizes (3 places; scholarships): $1,500*, $1,000, $500
- Requirements: 5 – 7 minute speech (text recited from memory)
DIABETES AWARENESS ESSARY CONTEST (Jan. 19, 2019)
- Theme: Diabetes in Sports
- Grades: Junior or Senior
- Prizes (3 places; scholarships): $2,000*, $1,500, $1,000
- Requirements: up to 1,500 words
- Judging Criteria: content (60%), recitation (25%), English (15%)
OUTSTANDING YOUTH CONTEST (Jan. 19, 2019)
- Grades: Junior or Senior
- Prizes (2 places; scholarships): $1,000*, $1,000
- Requirements: biography, interview, transcript, 3 letters of recommendation, 750-1,000 word essay “Be the Change You Want to See in the World”
- Judging Criteria: community service/leadership (35%), interview (30%), grade point (5%), letters of recommendation (15%), essay (15%)
* Winner advances to the State Contest on June 1, 2019 to compete for additional prizes
Information to Follow
Information to follow.